EOI - positions on the Certification Committee
Are you interested in contributing to GC training?
We are seeking EOIs for several new reviewers to join the Certification Committee, which is part of the Board of Censors for Genetic Counselling. The committee members are volunteers, and meet six times per year via teleconference, with occasional extra meetings if required. The role involves reviewing certification submissions and providing constructive written feedback to assist the professional development and reflective practice of candidates, working closely with the committee Chair and committee members.
Current members are: Kimberley Gamet (Chair), Catherine Beard (VIC), Michael Bogwitz (VIC), Megan Cotter (VIC), Lara Fitzgerald (Deputy - SA), Kirsty Storey (VIC), Linda Wornham (QLD), Emma Edwards (NSW), Rachel Pope-Coutson (TAS), Alisha Harpur (Secretary) and Dr Aamira Huq (Clinical Geneticist).
How to express your interest:
If you have more than 2 years post-FHGSA genetic counselling clinical experience, would like to contribute further to the profession, and are interested in joining the committee, please send a cover letter and brief CV to: [email protected]
Committee members are able to claim 5 hours of CPD points per year for being a part of the committee.
- Minimum 2 years post-certification by HGSA, with clinical experience predominantly in Australasia
- Commitment to the process and benefits of certification
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Excellent time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Preferable: experience and training as a GC counselling supervisor